2. Raw cocoa powder – this super food is naturally rich in magnesium, calcium, potassium and like blueberries, is packed with antioxidants.
3. Chia seeds – these seeds are also high in fiber and so they greatly reduce appetite. They can be sprinkled on any meal!
4. Coconut oil – While it is classified as a saturated fat, it is mainly made up of medium chain triglycerides which are a great source of energy. While it can also be used for cooking, coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer for both the skin and nails. Guess where else you’ll find a touch of coconut oil – in your favorite haircarebear gummies!
5. Berries – while blueberries are one of the best berries you can consume, all berries are important. They are full of fiber which keeps your digestive system healthy, is good for your waistline and your heart.
6. Salmon – salmon is full of excellent omega-3 fats and proteins.
7. Broccoli – broccoli is packed with vitamins A, C and K which contribute to bone health. They are also well known to help stimulate the body’s detoxifying enzymes.
8. Eggs – eggs are full of protein with one egg containing only 70 calories with 6 grams of protein.
9. Oats – Oats are full of fibre, which is healthy for the gut and for your waistline. Being that oats are whole grain oats, they do not have any added sugar, making them a nice healthy snack.
10. Spinach – Not only is spinach teeming with vitamins A, C and K, it is full of fiber, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamin E. Spinach can aid with weight loss and reduce diabetes.
11. Green tea – the wonder-drink! Green tea has so many benefits to the body, it’s great for detoxing and our chosen replacement if you’re trying to kick that coffee addiction!
12. Nuts – is there anything nuts can’t do? They are full of polyunsaturated fats and magnesium, which are both important nutrients for a healthy heart. They are full of fiber, which studies suggest help you stay healthy by feeding beneficial gut bacteria.
13. Apple – an apple a day keeps the doctor away! The apple and skin are higher in fiber that many other fruits. Apples are loaded with antioxidants too!
14. Yoghurt – yoghurt contains lots of good bacteria which help to keep our gut healthy. Just one cup of yoghurt provides nearly half the recommended daily value of calcium and delivers phosphorus, protein, potassium, zinc and vitamin b12.
15. Cinnamon – studies have shown that cinnamon can improve blood sugar levels and it contains healthy doses of fiber, iron, calcium and magnesium which are all very beneficial for the body.